Ciekawe miejsca

Nie najlepsza wiadomość dla fanów AM RADIO

4/13/2011Wer

Jeden z największych artystów Second life znany tylko pod nazwiskiem swojego awatara - AM Radio, którego profil został wyróżniony w 2009 w New York Times Magazine, właśnie ogłosił, że jego niezwykłe instalacje zostaną usunięte z  Second Life w ciągu najbliższych sześciu miesięcy:

 

 The Quiet and The Far Away

    Dear Friends,

    I know there are folks who visit my sims daily, weekly, or monthly and that these spaces have become a part of their experience in Second Life. I am announcing the closing of my spaces 6 months in advance so that it won’t come as a surprise, drama, or rumor.

    It is merely the end of a series of artworks.  I continue to paint, sketch, photograph and write about my time here on this little rock collection that’s spinning and hurtling through space.

    IDIA Labs of Ball State University has been gracious to host my work without demand or requirement. The sunsetting of the IDIA Lab sim is the result of positive and thoughtful input from IDIA, myself, and many of you.

    I have archived the work already, and I appreciate the impulse to want to save the work.

    The work though was as social as any avatar in SL, making friends with many of you and enabling so many positive experiences many of you have let me know about. ALL OF YOU are what the artwork really was. It isn’t in the prims, the textures, or scripts. It was in your willingness to explore and experience the world in a way I tried to share it. My time in SL has been like having hundreds of people analyzing my dreams every morning. I have learned so much about many of you, but truly learned so much about myself.

    Please feel free to continue to visit. Please encourage anyone you know who will miss the spaces to visit them with you. See my picks in my profile for landmarks.The extent of my estate is a foothold by the water. All are welcome to the infinite within it.

    Sincerely,
    AM Radio



Do tej pory instalacje AM Radio można było oglądać na ziemi IDIA Laboratories, należącego do Instytutu Ball State Digital.

Przedstawiciel IDIA Laboratories - John Fillwalk potwierdził, że IDIA stała się  kolejną ofiarą zmian cenowych, które  Linden Lab ogłosił w zeszłym roku. Zmiany te likwidują dotychczasowe zniżki dla organizacji non-profit oraz organizacji zajmujących sie edukacją.


Istnieje jednak nutka nadziei... 
Jako, że prace AM RADIO cieszą się ogromną popularnością IDIA LAB najprawdopodobniej przeniesie przynajmniej część instalacji AM Radio na któryś z pozostałych swoich simów.


I miejmy nadzieje, że to nie tylko obietnice. W przeciwnym razie Second Life straci jedne z najlepszych miejsc jakie aktualnie ma do zaoferowania.

Zobacz instalacje AM RADIO:

You Might Also Like

0 komentarze

Formularz kontaktowy